Take the Pledge Don't Text and Drive
Texting and Driving Statistics
Texting while driving is a growing trend, a national epidemic, and is quickly becoming one of the country’s top killers. Drivers assume they can handle texting while driving and remain safe, but the numbers don’t lie.
Texting While Driving Causes:
- 1,600,000 accidents per year – National Safety Council
- 330,000 injuries per year – Harvard Center for Risk Analysis Study
- 11 teen deaths EVERY DAY – Insurance Institute for Hwy Safety Fatality Facts
- Nearly 25% of ALL car accidents
Texting While Driving Is:
- About 6 times more likely to cause an accident than driving intoxicated
- The same as driving after 4 beers – National Highway Transportation Safety Administation
- The number one driving distraction reported by teen drivers
Texting While Driving:
- Makes you 23 times more likely to crash – National Highway Transportation Safety Administration
- Is the same as driving blind for 5 seconds at a time – VA Tech Transportation Institute
- Takes place by 800,000 drivers at any given time across the country
- Slows your brake reaction speed by 18% – Human Factors & Ergonomics Society
- Leads to a 400% increase with eyes off the road
Source: Texting and Driving Safety
Don't Text and Drive Video
Remember: IT CAN WAIT!
Fill out the form below to take the WIXX Pledge to not text and drive.
Put down the phone, and let's pledge to have a safer 2013.
If you'd like to receive special offers from Grand Central Station, text GRAND to 31011... just not while you're driving!
*Message & data rates may apply. Text STOP to quit. Text HELP for help or call 877.571.0774 for support. To opt-out of alerts, text KEYWORD and STOP to 31011 (Ex. STOPWEATHER). Subscribers will receive no more than 20 messages per week when subscribing to any of our Alerts or Offers.
Approved carriers for texting 31011 are: Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile, Sprint/Nextel/Boost, AT&T, US Cellular, Cellcom and Element Mobile. Sprint users may need to call their customer service representative to have the short code functionality activated on their cell phones. For questions or support, please call 877.571.0774.
We are currently working on adding AirFire Mobile as one of our approved carriers.