OCONTO, WI (WTAQ) - An Oconto apartment had to be evacuated due to a garbage can fire Friday.
Fire crews were called to the apartment in the 200 block of Farnsworth Avenue around 4 p.m. No one was hurt
Firefighters found a full plastic garbage can sitting on a lit burner of an electric stove. Crews took the can outside where it was extinguished.
Authorities indicate the damage was contained to the stove top and is estimated at less than $500.
The apartment was ventilated before residents were allowed back in.