GREEN BAY, WI (WTAQ) - A nine-year-old boy is being treated for significant injuries to his face, hands and other parts of his body after he and a group of friends lit a large unexploded firework they found in Green Bay.
Police, fire and emergency personnel responded to the intersection of Chicago Street and Jackson Street around 6 p.m. Friday.
The intersection had been used the night of the 4th to light off fireworks.
The child was brought to a nearby hospital for treatment.
There was no additional information concerning the extent of the boys injuries.