KESHENA, WI (WTAQ) - The Menominee Indian Reservation has activated its emergency government system.
A command center has been set up at the Tribal office building.
This comes in the wake of severe storms that rolled through the area Wednesday night. Damage assessments are underway.
Officials want residents to be careful if they go out due to electrical lines hanging low or on the ground.
A couple emergency shelters have been opened:
- Menominee Tribal Offices, W 2908 Tribal Office Loop Road in Keshena
- Menominee Nation Casino and Hotel (Maple Room and Ada Deer Room)
- College of the Menominee Nation- Community Technology Center
There are a couple delays in the Keshena area due to the storm damage:
- College of Menominee Nation: Closed Until Noon
- Menominee Indian -Administration: Closed Until Noon