DE PERE, Wis. (WTAQ) - A De Pere man is credited with saving a woman's life during a fire.
The blaze broke out around 3:30 a.m. Monday at an apartment complex on St. Bernard Drive in De Pere.
Officials say the fire began in the kitchen of one unit. That's when a neighbor alerted the woman living inside and used a fire extinguisher to get the fire under control.
The man screamed and that's what woke the woman up.
The woman suffered smoke inhalation, but was treated at the scene. She's been displaced, but people living in other units were able to go back inside their apartments.