FOND DU LAC, Wis. (WTAQ) - Fire crews in Fond du Lac are investigating a house fire which left two people with minor smoke inhalation.
The blaze at the home at 477 Morris Avenue also left one firefighter with an injured knee.
Officials get the call about 9:20 p.m., when crews arrived, they found a grease fire in the kitchen had spread to the rest of the house. 2 people inside the home at the time escaped, but suffered minor smoke inhalation.
"We are thankful the residents were able to exit the home without serious injuries," Fire Chief Peter O'Leary told FOX 11. "The fire spread quickly which made fighting the fire difficult along with the frigid weather conditions."
The home sustained extensive structural and smoke damage. Fire crews stayed on the scene overnight to put out remaining hot spots.