According to a new survey, 70% of us think RUDENESS is a national CRISIS. 95% of us agree the country has a rudeness problem, and the average person deals with 17 acts of rudeness per week . . . or between two and three instances every day.
Half of those happen online. So for the first time, Americans say the INTERNET is the main culprit, with 70% of people agreeing that it's causing more people to be disrespectful in general. Here are five more things the survey found.
1. 48% of people have unfriended or blocked someone on Facebook because they were rude. And 50% of people have ended a friendship in REAL LIFE because of it.
2. 87% agree it's rude to be on the phone while you're talking to someone in person . . . 86% say answering your phone during a meal is impolite . . . and 76% think talking too loudly on your phone in PUBLIC is rude.
3. 72% think swearing is rude, and 63% think there's more cursing going on than ever before. Although, it's okay if you're among friends, in which case only 5% find it rude.
4. 26% of people have quit a job because of a disrespectful work environment.
5. 81% believe America's general level of rudeness is causing more VIOLENCE.