* Construction on the
* The NFL divided into 2 5-team divisions.
* Prohibition ended.
* FDR was inaugurated as the 32nd President of
* The board game Monopoly as we came to know it was created.
* Congress passed the 1st minimum wage law – 33 cents per hour.
* Lou Gehrig set the iron man standard (eventually broken by Cal Ripken, Jr.) playing in his 1,308th consecutive game.
* MLB played its first All-Star Game.
* Bing Crosby, Ethel Waters, and Duke Ellington were your biggest musicians of the year.
* Cavalcade was your Best Picture at the Academy Awards.
* Unfortunately, NAZI Germany took hold.
That was 1933. And
for a group of teenagers about to take to the hardwood in
Congratulations on ending the drought, WDP. Now go get that gold ball! West De Pere plays this afternoon at 1:35. You can hear all the action on our sister station 1440 WNFL if you’re looking for some play-by-play.
Best of luck to all of our area teams this weekend. Keep your nominations coming HERE and don’t forget to #WIXXPreps your photos. We love to see ‘em.
Tease Image: By Pbrown111 at en.wikipedia [Public domain], from Wikimedia Commons