This was the first year that I did last minute Christmas shopping. Well, to some people they wouldn't think of it as last minute. But, my family is celebrating Christmas tomorrow. The mall was such a zoo yesterday! I never wanted to get out of the mall so fast. I shopped so fast that I hope the gifts I got are good enough.
Here are some tips for last minute Christmas shopping:
1. Take advantage of technology: Most of us have a smart phone now. You can usemobile shopping apps that let you compare prices on the go!
2. Don't be fooled by scents and sounds: Stores puff the holiday scents of vanillaand pine cones into the air this time of the year to help you get into the moodtospend. Music is also has an effect. People who make unplanned purchases tend tobuy more in the presence of pleasant background music.
3. Resist retail pressure: Last-minute sales and rapid turnover of merchandise arejust a couple of the strategies that retailers use year round to get us to spend morethan what we want too.
4. Develop relationships: While salespeople often looked harries, especially this timeof the year, befriending them can work to your advantage. You never know if they willhave an extra coupon for you if you are nice ;)
5. Bring a list and a watch: Bringing a list with you while you are shopping works justas well with holiday gifts as it does at the grocery store. Just make sure you stayfocused on the list.