Well we did it! We went and got our marriage last night...it is getting so much closer. I can not believe it is only 10 days away! Yowza!
Here are some tips for getting your license.
1. Do your research. You can find everything you need to know online. Every county has different criteria. Every county charges differently.
2. Have everything required AND more. If they want one utility bill...bring three. You do not want to risk having to go back home. It is a pain in the butt. Michael had to get out of work early to do this- we couldn't risk having to go back.
3. Check the hours. Outagamie County Courthouse is open until 4:30 pm, but stop processing marriage licenses at 4:00 pm. Again, we would have been up a creek if we hadn't looked this up, especially since we were cutting it close by walking in at 3:55 pm. :)
4. Cash or check only. They do not take credit cards. They do not take debit cards. No exceptions.
5. Get it at least a week in advance-if not they will charge you an additional fee. With the amount of money you are shelling out for the wedding, the littlest bit helps!