OH Hell to the No! Here is the tips Michelle Duggar lives by. Sure it may work for her, but it is not the way I was raised. Take all of the religion part out of it because I do not want to turn this int a religious debate...What are your thoughts?
As shown in the season premiere of the Duggars’ TLC show 19 Kids & Counting, Michelle recently attended a conference where she spoke to a group of Christian women about the institution of marriage and the role of a wife. She provided a hand-out to the women in attendance that was titled “Seven Basic Needs of a Husband.” Here they are:
- A husband needs a wife who respects him as a man: This one states that a woman destroys her husband’s manliness by “being financially independent; Love is killed by self-sufficiency.”
- A husband needs a wife who accepts him as a leader and believes in his God-given responsibilities
- A husband needs a wife who will continue to develop inward and outward beauty: Your hairstyle, for example, can show “obedience vs defiance” and “personal discipline vs inconsistency,” among many other things.
- A husband needs a wife who can lovingly appeal to him when he is going beyond his limitations and wisely respond to those who question his ideas, goals, or motives: “Ask your husband to tell you when you have a resistant spirit; ask forgiveness whenever you do.”
- A husband needs quality time to be alone with himself and with the Lord.
- A husband needs a wife who is grateful for all he has done and all he is doing: “Expect nothing and be genuinely grateful for each little evidence of your husband’s love.”
- A husband needs a wife who will be praised by other people for her character and her good works.