Allright so when I started this blog I had the intent of giving people the inside look at the process of planning my wedding. The good and the bad. The frustrations, the joy, everything. Up until now I have had pretty positive blog posts....well not today. Today I just need to vent. And I hope that is okay with all of you.
Aaahhh...I feel like I have so much to do, but yet absolutely nothing to do. I am known for my overanalyzing and overthinking of things and that is not a trait that comes in handy with wedding planning. I was a sent a friendly email remineder the other day that, yep 129 days until my wedding. Seriously, I did not need that reminder....it doesn't help. I have a pretty good idea of when my wedding is, but when you put it into actual days, that is a different story.
I am a member of the theknot.com...it has proven helpful thus far, but I don't keep up with it. So when I received the reminder, I looked at "the checklist" they provide for you and realize yep, I have about thirty things on the checklist that need to be checked off. Things that are minor details, but they start to add up. Like hey, maybe I should get on Father Dave and schedule that couples retreat....or yeah, how about I pick out the readings for the mass...I asked Michael to take some time and pick out a reading last night- I highly doubt that is going to happen, considering I have asked him for two months to get a total of 6 addresses to complete the list- I have still yet to receive any of those addresses...can you tell I am a little frustrated? ( I told you I was going to vent:))
Lets see- other things on the list...
1. find music for the mass, one that can actual be sung in a catholic service.
2. Find sheet music for said song so I can get to my sister in law to practice.
3. Oh wait, find someone to actually play the piano at our wedding.
4. Get the groomsmen their info for the tuxes. Actually have Michael go approve the tuxes I picked out.
6. Seating Cards...double ugh.
7. Attempt to plan some sort of a honeymoon (a mini one at least before we take one in the summer)
8. Marriage license...crap, do I need a birth certificate for that..if so add that to the list.
9. Send Dad to get me a birth certificate (shocking, I may or may not have lost mine.)
10. Figure out how much we actually stuck to our budget....a massive UGH.
11. Start paying off the vendors.
12. Transportation...this one I am struggling with hardcore. We would like to be able to transport our wedding party from the hotel (so they don't have to leave their cars at the church and find a ride to pick it up the next morning) to the church, to the bars, back to the reception at the hotel- but some minor flaws. We have 4 kids standing up in our wedding, and all of their parents are in our wedding....my head is spinning figuring out how that is going to work between carseats, nap time, photographs, etc....
13. First Dance- yep Michael and I still haven't been able to agree on this one. (again, I know a minor detail)
14. Groomsmen gifts. We got the bridesmaids taken care of...now we gotta get the men taken care of!
15. Parents gifts- do we get parents gifts? What is the protocal for that?
16. Invite Invites Invites. Gotta get going on adressing those bad boys.
17. Postage, gotta get it bought before the end of the year and prices go up :)
18. Trying to provide some sort of a personal touch to the ceremony and reception. Can't think of a single thing. Nothing that screams Kate and Mike...50% of my fulltime job is planning promotions and parties- I should be a pro at this, but I am having a block like you wouldn't believe!
Now add on to this stuff, hunting, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years...another wedding, my nephews first birthday. Lets just say the calendar is full until January. How the heck did that happen????
Again, I know this is a whiney post...but I gotta get it out! I am whiney, I am needy...this just makes things worse. This is all very cathartic- thanks for reading friends :)
And yes- I do realize that ultimately this entire wedding is about Michael and me and our marriage. I haven't forgotten this. I get to marry a guy I love like crazy. When I need a little zen, I hit up the Biebs. He gets me through it :) Anytime I need a reminder I think of this line "He makes me happy. I know where I'll be. Right by his side, cause he is the one."...note number 13- maybe this should be our first dance? :) Oh Biebs- you are so wise beyond your years.