We got a lot of wedding stuff accomplished this past weekend and I am quite proud of us! One of the things we got to particpate in was our cake tasting! Yummo!!!
This is one the things I am MOST excited about for our wedding. One of my bridesmaids godmother/aunt did all of her wedding treats, and Michael got a taste of the red velvet cupcakes at her wedding, and needless to say we booked her on the spot!
I had this idea a while ago about using cupcakes for the wedding and trying to incorporate them into our centerpieces. I did some research online and found a bouquet of cupcakes that look like a bouquest of flowers. I immediately wanted it, and thank goodness, my cake baker can do it!!! She created this mock up for me a few months ago and I think it is going to be awesome!!! She is going to make the daisies the same color as our wedding which is black with an accent of hot pink ( the daisy cupcake will be hot pink daisies with black centers, with some white daisies thrown in there.) She is going to put them in black flower pots with a pink ribbon on them. I think this is going to be the hit of the wedding! Not only that- the flavors she is making are DELICIOUS!!!!
We got to taste them this weekend and here is what is going to be in the bouquets...
1. Creamsicle, oh yes I said creamsicle (I am already predicting Murphy downs at least 3 of those bad boys!)
2. Cherry Chip (that was Michael's favorite)
3. Almond with a caramel frosting to accent our italian dinner (how awesome is it that she did that?)
4. Vanilla- gotta stick with the classic!
5. Red Velvet (to die for!)
6. Chocolate (ok I am not a fan of anything chocolate, but my nephew Aiden scarfed one down and loved it, so we had to keep it in.)
Like I said- I am SO excited for this...the best part- I save money on centerpieces! Win WIn baby!
P.S.- if you want to know who my cake lady is email me email@example.com. She comes HIGHLY recommended!!! She is one pretty amazing sugar mama :)