...Normally this is one of my favorite weekends of the year...ranks right up there with Final Four weekend for college basketball and the opening weekend of deer season...even though i don't really deer hunt much anymore i start getting jacked-up knowing that venison sticks are on the way---a true staple of the Maino/Atkins diet.
but this weekend is going to be tougher than most...and maybe a lot less enjoyable. it pains me to say this but right now, as of this writing, I truely believe the Minnesota Vikings are the best team in football. Do you know how hard it is to admit that???? Forget the whole Favre drama....the Vikings would be the best team with Gary Cuozzo at qb....you have to go wayyy back to remember Gary Cuozzo....I do not want the Minesota Vikings to win. plain and simple. which means they almost certainly will seeing as how i do so lousy picking games. In fact i can come up with a list of things i would rather experience than the Vikes in the super bowl.
1. I would rather have Jay Leno's chin...Conans hair and my paycheck...than to see them win.
2. I would rather defoliate Murphys head every morning live on the air...than to see them win.
3. I would rather go on an "All you can eat" diet of Katie's 3-layer jello, cherry pie and fruit pizza...than to see them win.
4. I would rather try to steal candy out of the hands of Brady Popenga's kids at his Halloween Party than to see them win. (btw this will never happen seeing as how murphy and I are never invited to his annual party.)
5. I would rather make out with Nancy Pelosi in front of my high school buddies...than to see them win. (Ok maybe we're getting carried away here....i think you get the point.....
Who Dat...Who Dat..Who Dat gonna beat them Saints!!!!!!!