This is why men shouldn't do laundry!
For the hapless husband is still nursing a serious injury sustained when he lifted a hot iron to his face instead of the telephone that rang while he was pressing clothes.
‘It started out well, but then I got so involved in the boxing on TV that I wasn’t really thinking about what I was doing.
‘So when the phone rang I picked up the iron by mistake and pressed it to my ear.’
Mr Paczkowski added insult to injury when, dashing to put cold water on the burn, he ran into the bathroom door.
‘That gave me a black eye. The pain was incredible,’ he said. Medics say he will make a full recovery from the burns, but Mr Paczkowski insists he’s off housework – and multi-tasking – for ever.