What the heck is the stool for?
What the heck is the stool for?
As read on starpulse.com, TV Guide readers have voted the opening tune to "Cheers" as the best TV theme song ("Where Everybody Knows Your Name.")
The Mary Tyler Moore Show took second with "Love is All Around," while the original Hawaii Five-O brass instrumental came in third.
M*A*S*H's "Suicide is Painless" was the only track in the top 10 that was not written especially for the show it appeared on; it was first used in the film.
Others in the top 10 included 'Friends' "I'll Be There for You," as well as the theme songs of "The Beverly Hillbillies", "Route 66", "The Jeffersons", "Sesame Street", and "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air".
We spend billions of dollars on cleaning products every year, but here are a few tips that will help you to save a few dollars.
- Banish cooking odors like fish or spices by boiling a cup of distilled white vinegar and a couple of cloves in an uncovered saucepan for a few minutes.
- Remove stains from pans with cheap own-brand cola. Pour just enough into your pan to cover the burnt area. Boil and stir it, then remove from the heat. Pour away the hot cola and the burnt residue should go with it.
- To unblock a sink, cut a tennis ball in half. Put one half over the plug hole, dome up, and give it a good pump. The ball will act like a plunger.
- Use cheap cola as a very efficient toilet cleaner. Pour a liter of the soda into the toilet bowl. Leave for an hour or more, then scrub and flush for sparkling results.
- Make your wood furniture shine by mixing the juice of half a lemon with a quarter of a cup of olive oil. The lemon cuts through grime and the oil leaves a lustrous sheen.
For more tips, click on dailymail.co.uk
New online research (from the UK's VoucherCodesPro) shows that almost a quarter of men want their partner to have cosmetic surgery to improve their looks.
And liposuction is at the top of their list (57%).
When asked if they'd like their partner to have cosmetic surgery, 24% said yes, while 19% were unsure, and 19% said no.
Just over a tenth said they'd actually tell their partner they'd like them to have surgery.
Boys' surgery wish list
1. Liposuction - 57%
2. Breast enlargement - 49%
3. Dental Surgery - 42%
4. Nose job - 38%
5. Botox to remove wrinkles - 34%
I read this story on dailymail.co.uk
Here's a list of some university degrees that will land you with the highest paying jobs after graduation.
1. Carnegie Mellon University, School of Computer Science Average salary: $84,400
2. Stanford University, Engineering Average salary: $74,700
3. New York University, College of Nursing Average salary: $70,200
4. Harvey Mudd College Average salary: $69,200
5. University of Pennsylvania, School of Engineering & Applied Science Average salary: $66,500
6. Carnegie Mellon University, Mellon College of Science Average salary: $65,700
7. Carnegie Mellon University, Carnegie Institute of Technology (College of Engineering) Average salary: $65,700
8. University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School Average salary: $65,600
9. Massachusetts Institute of Technology Average salary: $65,300
10. Cornell University, College of Engineering Average salary: $64,300
11. Colorado School of Mines Average salary: $64,200
12. Georgia Institute of Technology, College of Computing Average salary: $63,500
13. Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business Average salary: $63,500
14. Princeton University Average salary: $63,100
15. Carnegie Mellon University, Architecture & Design Average salary: $62,700
I got this all on yahoo.com
"Fifty Shades of Grey" by E L James, is fourth on the list of the most complained about books in US libraries. I read this on dailymail.co.uk
The multimillion selling novel is at number four on the American Library Association's annual study of 'challenged books' - ranked by the number of complaints from parents, educators and other members of the public.
The objections were for offensive language and graphic sexual content.
TOP TEN 'MOST OFFENSIVE' BOOKS
1-Captain Underpants series
2-The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian
3-Thirteen Reasons Why
4-Fifty Shades of Grey
5-And Tango Makes Three,
6-The Kite Runner
7-Looking for Alaska
8-Scary Stories series
9-The Glass Castle
According to a new survey I read about at dailymail.co.uk, one third of Americans actually enjoy doing their taxes.
The survey found that people with family incomes under $30,000 were more likely to say they like or love doing their taxes; while those with incomes of $75,000 or higher were more likely to say they hate doing their taxes.
The most common reason people gave for having a good time doing their taxes is that they like getting a refund back.
Others said they enjoyed the accounting aspect because they felt they were good at it.
As many of you know, I'm a type I diabetic. Type I diabetes is an autoimmune disease. It's not caused by diet or exercise. It's not something I can "get rid of" by changing habits in my life. It's something I'll have for life. And more than 3 million American's are living with Type I diabetes, and every day...over 80 people are diagnosed, including 40 kids.
My son Hudson is one of them.
He's 8 years old and has to prick his finger and check his blood 10 times every day. He has to take shots before he eats anything. He'll have to do this forever. Or until JDRF finds a cure.
The walks are coming up May 11th in Green Bay and FDL, and May 18th at Riverside Park in Neenah. Please walk if you can, or donate to someone's team so we can cure Type I diabetes.
Get details on how you can walk and be involved in a great family event by visiting JDRF.org
Need a team to donate to? You could always donate to Hudson and I here.
Now that the Hunger Games is on Netflix, many people who never saw it are becoming fans. Here's the just released trailer for the second movie.
Demi Lovato had a bad moment during her Good Morning America performance when she got her lyrics mixed as she sang her new single "Heart Attack".
Demiaccidently sang the second verse instead of the first which meant she had to sing the same section of the song twice.Fortunately,nobody really noticed the mistake and she managed to continue with the performance. Get the full story at gigwise.com
Does it make you want a soda?
John Lydon, or Johnny Rotten, is a big fat jerk. He had a television interview cut off after going on a sexist rant at the woman co-hosting the show.
Carrie Bickmore was asking Lydon how he felt about the death of Margaret Thatcher.
Lydon responded by telling Bickmore to "shut up", and said: "When a man is talking, do not interrupt."
And no one from her crew stepped in to defend her or call him an a$#%ole!
After Bickmore apologized and said she thought he had finished, Lydon said: "You sound like one of them dreadful loud birds I don't like. You be polite."
When she said he was being offensive, he responded: "So are you. You've got to learn what respect and manners is. No, no, no. You need to be quiet."
Lydon also gave what looked like a Nazi salute during the interview.
Afterwards, Lydon said: "I am the enemies of governments and institutions, certainly not women. I've been married to one for 30 years. We love each other."