For Rachel's Rewind I played one of my favorite songs One Sweet Day by Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men. I recieved multiple texts during the rewind but one stood out the most...haha!
My yummy snack for tonight :)
If you forgot Miley Cyrus is a singer, not jsut Hannah Montanna. She released this video, "Jolene" by Dolly Parton who is her godmother.
Yes, I know it's a country song but I actually thought it was good!
How adorable is this? This is my nephew Conner and don't you think he looks like Kevin? Especially doing this face :)
I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and remember the true meaning of today!
One of my friends, Greg who went to Bay Port High School, and his buddy from college decided to do a Christmas album. I thought it was pretty good and I played their song Run Run Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer on air! If you missed it you can listen below! If you want to buy their album (it's only $5) click here.
I don't know about you but, I thought the sky looked awesome this morning.
This was the first year that I did last minute Christmas shopping. Well, to some people they wouldn't think of it as last minute. But, my family is celebrating Christmas tomorrow. The mall was such a zoo yesterday! I never wanted to get out of the mall so fast. I shopped so fast that I hope the gifts I got are good enough.
Here are some tips for last minute Christmas shopping:
1. Take advantage of technology: Most of us have a smart phone now. You can usemobile shopping apps that let you compare prices on the go!
2. Don't be fooled by scents and sounds: Stores puff the holiday scents of vanillaand pine cones into the air this time of the year to help you get into the moodtospend. Music is also has an effect. People who make unplanned purchases tend tobuy more in the presence of pleasant background music.
3. Resist retail pressure: Last-minute sales and rapid turnover of merchandise arejust a couple of the strategies that retailers use year round to get us to spend morethan what we want too.
4. Develop relationships: While salespeople often looked harries, especially this timeof the year, befriending them can work to your advantage. You never know if they willhave an extra coupon for you if you are nice ;)
5. Bring a list and a watch: Bringing a list with you while you are shopping works justas well with holiday gifts as it does at the grocery store. Just make sure you stayfocused on the list.
Adam Bojelian of Edinburgh, Scotland has cerebral palsy and he's almost completely paralyzed. The only way he can communicate is by moving his eyes. But, Adam wrote a Christmas song just by blinking.
He didn't have any special software, just help from his mother. She held up a list of Christmas-themed words and Adam picked which ones to include by blinking. He also was able to blink to spell out words on his mother's list.
Adam has won poetry contests before and this was originally supposed to be a Christmas poem. It's about an army of gibbon monkeys helping Santa Claus deliver presents.
Actor Ewan McGregor found out about Adams poem and helped him turn it into a song, which is now available on iTunes.
(See pics here)
This is so clever and fun! Good idea for a Christmas party!
This is too funny not to share! I hope it makes you laugh :)