Last nights NCAA championship game, Duke vs Butler, was absolutely amazing. You couldn't have asked for a better game. I was on the edge of my seat the entire game, and throughout the night, the game truly could have gone either way. I have to admit the real reason I was cheering for Duke was if they won, I won the March Madness bracket I was entered in, so really it was for purely selfish reasons (honesly, would you expect anything less?). So lets just say I was more than thrilled when Butler missed the final shot....Here are some things I noticed in the game last night...
1. is the massive guy on Duke's team russian? If not, he may be offended that Mike and I called him the russain guy all night.
2. Did anyone else notice the fastest the russain guy ran all night was after they clinched the title, and it was to run to the bench to celebrate?
3. Seriously, could the russian guy be any slower or heavier on his feet? (as you can tell I focused a larger portion of my evening criticizing the russian.)
4. I now have a new crush. Jon Scheyer of Duke. Not only are you amazing, but I singlehandedly have you to thank for your victory last night. You are truly an animal. You came to play, not just last night, but the entire tournament and I thank you for that.
5. Butler, I will never cheer for you. Ok seriously, I know most of you were rooting for the underdog here, but some people forget that I spent a large portion of my life as a student at UWGB, and if you are familiar with UWGB you will know that Butler is our main rival. As Maino said this morning, cheering for Butler would be like cheering for Minnesota to win the Superbowl. I don't care that they are in the same division as us, I will never cheer them on. Hell, I would most likely wish ill will on the entire team in their journey to obtaining the Lombardi Trophy (which I pray on a daily basis to baby jesus that I will never see that happen in my lifetime.)