Check out the totals....CRAZY!!!!!
Happy May from MN/WI!!
Check out the totals....CRAZY!!!!!
Happy May from MN/WI!!
Next time somebody asks you to donate to the March of Dimes...please read this and look at the picture below....
One of the many "Miracle Babies" that the March of Dimes helps save each year.
I met this little guy at the March for Babies on Saturday in Ashwabenon
We didn't get this little guy's name, but his Grandma was proud to say that he was born at THIRTEEN OUNCES and after 3+ months in N.I.C.U., he's happy & healthy!
THIRTEEN OUNCES!! It's absolutely amazing that he was able to survive...a true miracle!
(SEE MORE PICS FROM THE MARCH FOR BABIES HERE)
This guy's ego is at a 10...needs to come down to about a 2.5.
If I had to name this guy it would be "DJ Douche"
I've been here for almost 3 years and NEVER heard this story about Katie from the Murphy in the Morning Show and Aaron Rodgers. (listen below)
Katie talked about the Reese Witherspoon arrest where she said "Don't you know who I am??" Katie had a similar experience with Aaron Rodgers...
By dining out at our partner restaurant(s) on Thursday, May 16th, you will enable the local Red Cross to continue to provide disaster services to our community. Monies raised by Dine for Disaster become
Be sure to let our restaurant partners know you are visiting their establishment to support the Dine for Disaster initiative! Better yet, post it on Facebook or Tweet about it!
Please email Becky Bergin or call at 920.733.4481 if you have any additional questions.
Dine for Disaster Participants As of April 22, 2013
B.J. Clancy's Grill & Bar 3341 S. Oneida St. Appleton WI www.bjclancys.com
Mark's Eastside 1405 E. Wisconsin Ave. Appleton WI www.markseastside.com
Stevi B's Pizza 3525 E. Calumet Appleton WI www.stevibs.com
Stevi B's Pizza 603 N. Westhill Blvd. Appleton WI www.stevibs.com
Stone Cellar Brewpub 1004 S. Old Oneida St. Appleton WI www.stonecellarbrewpub.com
The Woodfire Lodge 2687 ManCal Rd. Brillion WI www.woodfirelodge.com
Gyros Kabobs 337 Main Ave. De Pere WI www.gyrokabobs.com
White Gull Inn 4225 Main St. Fish Creek WI www.whitegullinn.com
Maxsells Restaurant & Inn 1545 N. Lake Rd. Florence WI www.maxsells.biz
A&W All-American Food 269 Winnebago Dr. Fond du Lac WI www.awrestaurants.com
BackYard Grill & Bar 838 E. Johnson St. Fond du Lac WI www.visitbackyard.com
Boda's Restaurant 277 S. Pioneer Rd. Fond du Lac WI www.bodasfonddulac.com
Duffy's Steak House 625 W. Rolling Meadow Dr. Fond du Lac WI www.duffyssteakhouse.com
Friar Tucks 570 W Johnson St Fond du Lac WI www.friartuckswi.com
Gilles Frozen Custard 819 S. Main St. Fond du Lac WI www.gillysfrozencustard.com
Gino's Italian Restaurant 584 W. Johnson St. Fond du Lac WI www.ginosfdl.com
Mancinos Pizza & Grinders 818 S. Main St. Fond du Lac WI www.mancinospizzaandgrinders.com
Philly's-On-4th 321 Fourth St. Fond du Lac WI www.123fonddulac.com
Salty's Seafood & Spirits 503 N. Park Ave. Fond du Lac WI www.saltysseafoodandspirits.com
Schreiner's Restaurant 168 N. Pioneer Rd. Fond du Lac WI www.fdlchowder.com
Sebastian's Steak House 770 S. Main St. Fond du Lac WI www.sebastianssteakhouse.net
Flipside Bar & Grill 2074 Washington St. Grafton WI www.flipsidecafeandgrill.com
Allouez Café 2020 S. Webster Ave. Green Bay WI www.allouezcafe.com
Los Banditos (East) 1258 Main Street Green Bay WI www.loseast.com
Los Banditos (West) 2335 W. Mason St. Green Bay WI www.loswest.com
Dine for Disaster Participants As of April 22, 2013 1Goose Blind Grill & Bar 512 Gold St. Green Lake WI www.gooseblind.com
Black Stone Pizza Company 207 E. Hughitt St. Iron Mountain MI www.blackstonepizzacompany.com
White House Tavern and Grille 912 Carpenter Ave Iron Mountain MI www.whitehousetavern.com
A&W Drive-In (Manitowoc) 4141 Harbor Town Ln. Manitowoc WI www.awrestaurants.com
Big Apple Bagels (Manitowoc) 3105 Calumet Ave Manitowoc WI www.babcorp.com
Courthouse Pub 1001 S. 8th St. Manitowoc WI www.courthousepub.com
Friar Tucks 3702 Calumet Ave Manitowoc WI www.friartuckswi.com
Luigi's Italian Restaurant 6124 Calumet Ave. Manitowoc WI www.luigismanitowoctworivers.com
Weather Vane Restaurant 186 Main St. Menasha WI www.pats-weathervane.com
Culver's of Neenah 1161 West Town Dr. Neenah WI www.culvers.com
Dairy Queen - Neenah 450 S. Commercial St. Neenah WI www.neenahdqdowntown.com
SV Dairy Queen - Neenah 910 Gay Drive Neenah WI www.dairyqueen.com
Ardy & Ed's Drive In 2413 S. Main St. Oshkosh WI www.ardyandeds.com
Benvenuto's Italian Grill 300 S. Koeller St. Oshkosh WI www.benvenutos.com
Friar Tucks 1651 W Southpark ave Oshkosh WI www.friartuckswi.com
Legends Sports Bar & Grill 600 N. Main St. Oshkosh WI www.legendsoshkosh.com
Mike's Place Family Restaurant 2402 Jackson St. Oshkosh WI
Planeview Travel Plaza 1500 Planeview Dr. Oshkosh WI www.cobblestoneoshkosh.com
Primo 2605 Jackson St. Oshkosh WI www.primoitalian.net
Dine for Disaster Participants As of April 22, 2013 2The Roxy 571 N. Main St. Oshkosh WI www.roxysupperclub.com
Sweet Basil 645 Walton Dr. Plymouth WI www.sweetbasil-plymouth.com
8th Street Ale Haus 1132 N. 8th St. Sheboygan WI www.sheboyganalehaus.com
Falls Firehouse Pizza 109 Maple St. Sheboygan WI www.firehouse-pizza.com
Luigi's Italian Restaurant 2910 Kohler Memorial Dr. Sheboygan WI www.luigiitalianrestaurantsheboygan.com
Majerle's Black River Grill 5033 Evergreen Dr. Sheboygan WI www.blackrivergrill.com
Pizza Ranch 3518 Kohler Memorial Dr. Sheboygan WI www.pizzaranch.com
The Granary Supper Club N586 Military Rd. Sherwood WI www.granarysupperclub.com
Helen's Kitchen 116 W. Main St. Waupun WI www.helenskitchenwaupun.com
Since Murphy was sick today, I knew I had to wake up earlier than I usually do for the show this morning...I came across this last night and thought it was pretty interesting. I did feel pretty awake this morning....but I'm going to have to test this a few times before I'm a true believer
(This is based on having to wake up at 4:05am as I did this morning)
HERE IS THE WEBSITE: http://sleepyti.me/
You should try to fall asleep at one of the following times:
7:05 PM or 8:35 PM or 10:05 PM or 11:35 PM
Please keep in mind that you should be falling asleep at these times.
The average adult human takes fourteen minutes to fall asleep, so plan accordingly!
sleepyti.me works by counting backwards in sleep cycles. Sleep cycles typically last 90 minutes.
Waking up in the middle of a sleep cycle leaves you feeling tired and groggy, but waking up in between cycles lets you wake up feeling refreshed and alert!
This is from my Dad's farm in the metropolis of Maple, WI (see below to find out where Maple is...)
The Duluth/Superior area got between 16-24 inches of snow from yesterday (4/18) to today (4/19)
Crazy for APRIL!!
Here is where Maple is:
Warning: The videos contained in this post are very RAW, they are immediate reactions to the Texas plant explosions. They contain profanity and the reactions of residents and children. Viewer discretion is advised:
You may have seen this on Facebook. Melissa called in to the radio station to tell us about it today:
It's simple...if you're a runner, the next 26.2 aren't about race prep, monthly mileage or self. It's about our brothers and sisters, the ones we don't know but share a bond with.
Run for the ones for whom today's 26.2 might have been their last, and for the ones that didn't finish.
Run it in 1 day, 1 week or 1 month.
Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/events/484995498233792/
With 3 young kids in our house, the prevention of spreading germs is virtually impossible, but I figured I'd share this for some good tips of keeping the family healthy...so we can EVENTUALLY get out and have some fun in the Spring (lol - Spring...when??)
Avoiding Food-Borne Illness
(HealthNewsDigest.com) With enough warmth, moisture and food, 1 bacteria can divide into over 2 million in 7 hours. But there are a dozen food safety tips you can do to prevent this from happening.
When it comes to food safety here are some things to consider:
© NRH Nutrition Consultants, Inc.
Jo-Ann Heslin, MA, RD, CDN is a registered dietitian and the author of the nutrition counter series for Pocket Books with sales of more than 8.5 million books.
Saturday night’s winning Megabucks numbers were 11, 16, 23, 27, 28 and 46.
Wisconsin MegaBucks game
The $4 million winning ticket was sold at Lakeshore Lighthouse, 1614 Center Street.
The winner has 180 days from the drawing to claim the prize at the Lottery’s headquarters in Madison. Once the winning ticket is validated by the Lottery the winner will have up to 60 days to choose the $4 million annuity jackpot, or the jackpot’s $2.9 million lump sum cash payment
Wow. What would YOU do with the money??
We've always heard that you should drink a LOT of water every day and I've been trying to do this for the past few years. It seems to work pretty well...I also start EVERY day with a 20oz glass of water - I read in Men's Health a few years back that it helps to 1-wake you up and 2-kick starts your metabolism.
Here are some interesting facts about drinking water vs. Coke:
ery interesting indeed! Water or Coke? We all know that water is important but I’ve never seen it written down like this before.
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one’s metabolism as much as 30%.
4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
And now for the properties of COKE
1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.
2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.
3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the “real thing” sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.
4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.
8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.
For Your Info
1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.
2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.
3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!
Now the question is, would you like a glass of water or coke?